On July 26, Wolfenstein: Youngblood takes players back to the year 1980! To celebrate the game’s launch and the first co-op game in Wolfenstein history, we invite QuakeCon attendees to pair up with a friend and dress in coordinating 1980s outfits for a chance to win prizes! From pleated jeans and preppy sweaters to punk battle jackets, show us your retro style at QuakeCon!
Summary of Rules
Here’s a brief overview of the rules. Full official rules can be found here.
- You must have a partner to be eligible. There is no solo category.
- Twins (like BJ’s daughters) don’t always wear the same clothes, so you and your partner don’t need to wear exact matching outfits but do try to keep a cohesive and complimentary theme. Having one person dressed in glam while the other is wearing a blazer and floral print shirt isn’t a good fit.
- While the 80’s had a wide range of styles, do be sensible about your outfits. Here are some guidelines:
o Costumes that incorporate or depict indecent or offensive images or text are not permitted. This includes offensive slogans, emblems and/or uniforms.
o Actual or assumed nudity (whether full or partial) is not allowed.
o As this is a fashion contest and not a cosplay contest, it’s recommended that you not include props as part of you or your partner’s outfits.
- Contestants’ styles will be judged on-stage at QuakeCon by a panel of judges in a runway-esque face off. Contestant pairs will be judged on how well put together and relevant to the 80’s their outfits are.
- Contestants must adhere to the Rules of QuakeCon® and the Gaylord Resort and Convention Center in addition to the Official Rules of the Wolfenstein: Youngblood 80’s Twins Contest.
How to Enter
- To qualify to win the Contest, you must be registered to attend and must be present at QuakeCon® during both the preliminary judging and contest finals.
- Contestants may be disqualified if they do not meet the criteria in the Official Contest Rules, the submission contains inappropriate language or any offensive, violent, harmful, or sexually explicit content, or violates any rules of QuakeCon®.
- The top three (3) Entrant pairs will win prizes!
- One (1) Grand Prize pair of Entrants will both receive limited edition Wolfenstein: Youngblood t-shirts signed by Jerk Gustafsson from Machine Games, and both winners will each receive a Deluxe Edition copy of Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
- One (1) Second Place pair of Entrants will each receive a Deluxe Edition copy of Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
- One (1) Third Place pair of Entrants will each receive a Standard Edition copy of Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
Pack your scrunchies and we’ll see you at QuakeCon!